ManageYourCellar.COM
A Community of Wine Lovers
 Welcome guest! Home | Contact Us | Register | Mobile | Please login  
2003 Côtes du Rhône Blanc Jean-Luc Colombo Les Figuières (750ml) [Printable View]
Producer: Jean-Luc Colombo vinsjlcolombo.com   details
Appellation: Côtes du Rhône - Vallée du Rhône - France (AOC)
Type: white
Varietal: Viognier - Roussanne
Maturity: Drink
Rating: Average/Good
Est. Price: US$13.99
 
Members who purchased this wine also purchased:
Château Haut Baradieu
Cascina Val del Prete Nebbiolo Vigna di Lino
Domaine Ehrhart Riesling Herrenweg
Chaine d'Or Cabernet Sauvignon Santa Cruz Mountains
Léon Beyer Riesling Les Ecaillers
Availability:
Locate a store with WineZap   Wine-Searcher
Morrell Wine   www.mywinesdirect.com
Tasting Notes:
tasted: August 26, 2005 , Catherine Granger ManageYourCellar.com
2.5 stars "clean, fresh and dry. Well made but not too exciting."
rated: August 17, 2005 , K&L Wine Merchants klwines.com
"The Figuieres is a blend of 70% Viognier and 30% Roussanne. The grapes are harvested manually in small baskets and vinified in temperature-controlled stainless steel tanks. 20% of the wine is matured on its lees in two or three-year-old barrels; the remaining 80% is matured on its lees in tanks to enhance freshness. The Viognier offers elegance and aromatic complexity, while the Roussane brings structure to the wine. Flavors of mangoes and apricots are perfectly balanced by good acidity. Drink this wine just slightly chilled in order to let the aromas of peaches and honey fully develop. The wine is excellent as an aperitif, but also a great match for fish or chicken in a cream sauce. Drink now and over the next 2 -3 years." Best 2005-2007
search other ratings
Morrell - Find Your Wine Online